Friday, October 17, 2008

The Friday Bacon: Endorcement


As someone who enjoys bacon and has tried many kinds, I have to say I am not that particular about my bacon. I have tried smoked, cured, unsalted, low sodium, pickled, "all natural," and a dozen or so different brands and some from a couple of family farms. Because I am from Madison, Wisconsin where Oscar Mayer has a plant, for my stand-by bacon I always have on hand I have to go with Oscar Mayer, the one that says "Americas Favorite Bacon" on the package. It cooks consistently regardless of the method you use unless you are a klutz with a stove. Non stick skillet over an electric range, or over gas, in cast iron on the camp fire, or in the George Foreman grill, this stuff outperforms other brands when faced with heat.

No comments: