Saturday, June 14, 2008

Labor Relations


The Teamsters held a protest Saturday to protest high gas prices, and a bad deal they got from FedEx as well as to tell their membership not to vote for John Mccain.

As is usually the case with these sorts of things, the old media isnt covering it. Honestly, I find it frustrating to cover myself. They don't say anything meaningfull about why they are protesting or what they are angry about or what they want to solve the problem. This whole exercise was just to get a bunch of surly men together, dressed alike, to shout slogans at each other. I doubt its effectveness and whether it has any meaning.

I desperately wanted to air their grevances and give some much needed coverage to labor issues here, but all I got was an ear full of rhetoric.

No comments: